I just completed the buildout of BrightWave’s new office in the heart of Buckhead (Tower Place 100, Suite 400, Atlanta, GA). It’s a phenomenal space that I’m extremely proud of, and I hope the team, our clients, vendors, and BW friends & family will enjoy using for many years to come.
This is technically my 8th office buildout (see list below) and although I’m very comfortable executing projects like these, I learn more than I expected each time and have a deeper appreciation for the talented team that execute these buildouts.
Buildouts for me are a lot of fun, it’s a way I can express my creative side, while still getting into the technical details which I also love. Each office I’ve built has been very different, with its unique opportunities and challenges (team makeup, financials, culture, etc.). I have to constantly challenge what I already know in order to improve the space for our people and learn the changes/trends that have shifted from the last time I did a buildout. It’s fun as you can see from the mixture of various buildouts I’ve done.
- BrightWave Atlanta Office – 2018 – 17,800 RSF
- Moxie Atlanta Office – 2014 – 65,000 RSF
- Moxie New York Office Expansion – 2013 – 10,000 RSF
- Engauge Columbus Office Expansion – 2011 – 10,000 RSF
- Engauge Atlanta Office – 2010 – 22,000 RSF
- Spunlogic Atlanta (Promenade) – 2006 – 14,000 RSF
- Spunlogic Atlanta (Zonolite) – 2003 – 8,000 RSF
- Spunlogic Atlanta (Colony Square) – 2001 – 4,000 RSF
I thought I’d share some considerations when embarking on projects like this. Continue reading